Dearest Doren,
Your dad and I love you more than words can say. How you have changed our lives the last year, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Below are a few things I want to remember and want you to know.
I am proud of you for:
-doing such a great job going to Tennessee for Christmas. That was a long time in the car!
-playing so well with your cousins, aunt, uncles, and grandparents. I know it got overwhelming at times.
-being such a trooper getting tooth #7 on Christmas day and tooth #8 on January 15th. You never got too cranky even though it hurt.
-already following directions/helping when we ask you to put clothes in the hamper, your toys in the bins, or trash in the trashcan. You LOVE helping out, and we love teaching you!
-using a fork and spoon when you eat. Okay, you aren't a master yet, but you know how it works and you are getting better and better!
-growing to be big and strong. You were 23.4 lb (77%) and 30.5 in (70%) at your one year check up.
I love you despite the fact that:
-you STILL wake me up 1-3 times every night. At least you go back to sleep easily after waking up screaming bloody murder.
-you make it a wrestling match half the time I need to change your diaper. Seriously, why can't you just lay there like most children do??
-you are stubborn as anything when you aren't getting your way. Like when you got mad because I told you to put Philbert back in the crib and you threw him, threw yourself on the floor, and started screaming.
-you sometimes throw food and your cup on the floor and make a HUGE mess.
-you spend most of the church service trying to leave the pew because all you want to do is run and play. I know I'll find it funny one day, but right now it can be embarrassing and frustrating.
-you make us laugh when we are trying to get onto you for doing something naughty. It's hard not to laugh when you put your hands up in the air and look at me like "What mom...I'm just being cute!?!?".
I love you because:
-you are stinkin cute! I know I'm a little biased, but really, you are :)
-you are super smart. From bringing your "eating chair" into the kitchen when you are hungry to getting the dust pan for someone sweeping, it's easy to tell that you understand so much.*
-you are so funny! You have great facial expressions and just do the funniest stuff.
-you give me hugs and kisses when I ask for them. We'll have to work on the closed mouth part next.
-you are so full of life and joy.
-God answered my prayers and gave you to me.
-you are my son, and no matter what I'll love you for that reason alone.
Thanks for adding so much to our lives, Doren!
Love, Mom and Dad
*These both happened at your babysitter's house. She keeps your "eating chair" put away unless it's time for a snack or lunch. One day, you went and got your seat and brought it into the kitchen. It was your way of telling her you were hungry. Another day Linette's daughter Kya was sweeping, and you brought her the dust pan on your own.




No comments:
Post a Comment