Pages

The Life of a Lange

The Life of a Lange

Friday, March 30, 2012

2 months

I've been a little busy, so I'm late with Doren's 2 month post.  I know you have been checking this every day waiting for me to post it ;)  Well the wait is over!

During the second month:
-Doren is finally gaining weight!  At his 2 month checkup Monday he was 9 lb. 9 oz.  This is the 1% for weight, but he gained 2 pounds in about 3-4 weeks after gaining next to nothing for 4-5 weeks.

-He also was 23 inches long at his checkup.  This is the 42% for length.  His head was 13%.  So to summarize, we have an average length kid who is very skinny with a small head :)

-He still likes to hold his head up and is getting better at holding it more still.

-He loves to stand up if we hold his hands.  He is great at supporting his weight already!

-Doren is getting better at letting us hold him against our chest/shoulder (since he didn't like that in the beginning).  I like this because it lets me cuddle him better :)

-He also is getting better at laying on his back which he didn't like originally.

-We are now using cloth 100% of the time.  It's going great and saving us money!

-Bath time is still one of Doren's favorite times.  He is so peaceful and calm while in the bath.

-He is smiling ALL the time.  He smiles the most while I'm changing his poopy diapers.

-I'm loving all the "talking" Doren tries to do.  Sometimes, he makes a sound like he's trying to laugh.  I can't wait until he gets the full laugh out.

-At 6 1/2 weeks old we started using half formula- half breast milk in bottles.  He eats 5 oz every 3-4 hours.

-Due to a few issues, at 9 1/2 weeks we started using just formula.

-We are finally getting on more of a schedule.  This consists of waking up at 6:00 am to eat, playing after he eats for 2ish hours, then napping anywhere from 30 min-3 hours (big range, I know).  We repeat this eat, play, sleep pattern until his last feeding between 9:00-10:00 pm.  He normally wakes up once during the night before we wake up for good at 6:00.

-He started sleeping in his crib at night two nights ago (3/28).  It's going well so far!

-I went back to work Monday (3/26).  My friend Tiffany is watching him right now, and he's doing great being away from his mommy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment