Pages

The Life of a Lange

The Life of a Lange

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Trips

This post is a little late, but I wanted to write about the trips I took this summer.  June was pretty uneventful.  I taught summer school from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and made a little extra money.  Since summer school was only during June, I had July to relax travel.

The first two weeks of July were spent in Montana.  On the way up (and back), we stopped in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and visited with Cullen's grandparents and a few aunts, uncles, and cousins too.  It was really good to see everyone.  Once in Montana, we headed over to Yellowstone Bible Camp for a week.  This is a camp that Cullen grew up going to, and I'm excited for our kids/family to go there each year.  Growing up in the South, we do church camp a little differently.  I grew up going to camp with 3rd-12th graders that went to my church.  At YBC, there are camps all summer long, and people come from ALL over the place.  Some are kids' camps, and some are family camps.  The week that we went to was a family camp, so there were babies all the way to old people more experienced adults.  Cullen's mom cooks for a few of the weeks, including the week we were there.  Cullen helped his mom cook while I went to the classes.  It was relaxing and A LOT cooler up there.  After camp, we stayed a few extra days to get to spend some more time with his family.  Cullen's sister, aunt, and other set of grandparents live in Billings where his parents live, so we got to spend some time with them too.  We pretty much only get to see everyone once a year, so the time we have is very nice.

These are some pictures from camp.



 Camp is way down there if you look hard.

After we got back from our LONG drive, I left two days later for California.  As I have mentioned before, my brother, sister-in-law, and three nieces live there.  I had never been to California before, and while I didn't go see anything "cool" (except my brother's house), I wouldn't change anything.  I had a whole week of book reading, baby burping, park playing, diaper changing, toy playing, and baby holding.  Cullen stayed in Oklahoma and worked, but it was still a fabulous trip.  Jenni is planning on coming to Oklahoma with the girls once I have the baby.  It will be a zoo at my house, but I can't wait! 

 Abby

 Summer

 Silly faces!

And the newest member of the family, Hannah!   

No comments:

Post a Comment