One interesting thing happened yesterday. I was teaching (on the 2nd day of school), and my classroom phone rang. The secretary told me that my doctor's office was on the phone. I thought this was odd because they have never called the school before. They usually just leave a message on my cell phone. The lady on the phone said she had my ultrasound results. An ultrasound tech did the ultrasound, and then the pictures got sent to my doctor for her examine. Anyway, she said everything looked good but I have a "low lying placenta". Usually the placenta is at the top of the uterus, but mine is at the bottom. Based on some research I have done (and what the lady on the phone said), most of the time the placenta will migrate up on its own. I will have another ultrasound in the 3rd trimester, and we will be able to see if it's gone up. Right now, it is not a problem. If it stays like that, I will probably have to have a C-section because it's not safe to have a natural birth if the placenta is low.
So I am happy to know everything looks good for the most part, although I am praying my placenta moves up. I am also thankful for modern technology. Apparently my grandmother had the same thing when she delivered my uncle and almost bled to death (they didn't know beforehand). I am glad we have ultrasounds now so that we will know where the placenta is before I have the baby.
I leave you with some pictures from Wednesday. Have a great weekend!!
Alien face!
Waving. Look at those little fingers!



No comments:
Post a Comment