Pages

The Life of a Lange

The Life of a Lange

Thursday, January 27, 2011

When it Rains, it Pours

It has been one of those weeks.  I am tired, frustrated, discouraged, and stressed because of a bunch of different stuff.  Yesterday when I got home from work, Cullen told me that we probably need to start looking for a new car.  Apparently, when he was sitting at a stoplight, he noticed the car had smoke coming from the hood.  We have both known this car wouldn't last much longer, (it's 16 years old with 220,000 miles) but it is still bad timing.  Along with that, I just did our taxes and found out that we are going to have to pay almost $700 in federal and state taxes (mostly state).  I don't get this because I changed my W-4 last year so they would take more taxes out during the year, but obviously it didn't work that well.  At school today, I got my kids' benchmark scores back.  This is a math and reading test they take at the end of each quarter to see how they are doing before they take the "big" state test in April.  Let's just say they weren't that great, (horrible to be exact) and that it's going to be a long 4 months until school gets out.

The more I type this out, the more I realize it doesn't matter in the long run.  It is stressful right now, but this too shall pass.  We will find a car, we will pay the taxes we owe, and my kids will take the OCCT in April and either pass or fail it.  Life will go on.

These are some positive things going on:
We are almost done paying off student loans.  We should only have a few more months of payments!

My parents are going to be living closer to us in the not too distant future.

I find out tomorrow whether I'm going to have a new niece or new nephew!

God is good, and I am VERY blessed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment