Pages

The Life of a Lange

The Life of a Lange

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Greater Plan...

I hate money.  I hate that we have to work so that we have money.  But we have to have money to buy things, and to save so that we have money when we stop working, and when we die?  It all just seems silly.  I would love to teach because that's what I want to do, not because it's my "job" that I get paid to do.  I would love to get the food and clothes I need without having to pay.  Wouldn't that be great?  But that's not how life works.  I guess I say all of this because right now money is stressful.  Cullen is looking for a job because teaching did not go as planned for him last year.  We live simply so my salary is sufficient, but it does make things a little tighter.  I am constantly checking the money even though I know we have enough. 

I think God is teaching both me and Cullen to trust him.  And honestly, I feel like we have been doing that.  I do stress a little at times, but I truthfully trust that God has a greater plan.  I just wish I knew what that plan was.  Does it involve teaching?  A totally different career?  A crappy job where he'll have to work his way up?  I have no idea.  God knows, and in HIS time, Cullen will get a job.  It may not be glorious.  It may not be making what he did last year, but I know God provides.  That makes me happy.  I ask that you pray for me and Cullen as we continue on our journey.  Pray that we stay focused, trust God, and do His will (whatever that may be).    

2 comments:

  1. Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than the birds!

    ReplyDelete