I want my first post to be a thank you to some of my family members. The reason this has been on my mind is because of a show on MTV called If You Really Knew Me. If You Really Knew Me is a show that goes into high schools and shows the transformation as the students go through something called Challenge Day. Challenge Day is a one day program that is meant to get students to open up and change the way they view each other. I don't normally watch MTV (we don't even have cable, so I couldn't if I wanted to), but I decided to watch two episodes of this show online. Why would I do that? One of the episodes was filmed at PC West High, which is where the students I teach will go in a few years, so it intrigued me. As I watched the show and listened to the stories of the students, it killed me. Some of these kids have been through SO much. It's unbelievable. The more I thought of their stories, the more I thought how blessed I am. God has given me the best family in the world. We are not perfect, but I have a wonderful family. Now that you know the background, on to the thank yous.
Grandmother and Granddad: Thanks for being a great example of what a Christian marriage should look like. Everyone can tell how much you love each other. 60 years together is amazing!
Nana: Thanks for loving so many people. You have friends all over the world, and I know you really care about them. Thanks for your caring heart.
Mom: You are the best mom I could ever ask for. Thanks for always being there and being so easy to talk to. Thanks for being so giving when I was lazy (like getting me something to drink when I could have done it).
Dad: Thanks for overcoming your fears and being a servant. Anyone that talks to you can tell that you love Russia and the work you do there. Thanks for being an example of someone who is telling the world about Christ.
Jeremy: Thanks for being a caring big brother. Thanks for loving people so much and wanting to share Christ with others. Also thanks for giving me a fantastic sister-in-law and two beautiful nieces!
Tyler: Thanks for always making me laugh. You are one the funniest people I know. Thanks for not beating me up too much and making me tough :)
I could go on and on and write about my wonderful husband and my in-laws, not to mention my friends. I am going to stop there for now because this is getting very long and I'm hungry. Today I hope you take some time to reflect on the blessings that God has showered on you. It's well worth your time.
Yay I'm so glad you have a blog now!! Keep the posts coming!!
ReplyDelete