Pages

The Life of a Lange

The Life of a Lange

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

1 month

My baby boy is one month old today!  To help me remember some of the important things from this month, I am writing them here.  I got this idea from my friend Amber.  Hope it's okay that I steal it, Amber :)

During the first month:
-Doren has gained weight quite slowly.  He is finally at his birth weight, but most of the time babies should be there by week 2.

-He likes to hold his head up by himself.  He's done it from birth, and it's very impressive.

-He does not like to be held or burped on your shoulder.  We have to burp him by holding him on one knee.

-Doren also likes to stretch his body out straight when we try to burp him.  It makes burping interesting because that means he is basically standing up during burping.  You have to steady him and burp him at the same time.

-He does not like to lay on his back.  He turns on his side if you put him on his back.

-Cullen got peed on in the face one night.  I tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help it.  (I'm sure Doren will get me now that I wrote this.)

-He just started using his cloth diapers since he wasn't big enough at first.  We are starting by using them during the day.  Pretty soon it will be during the day and night!

-Doren likes to have his hand by his face, especially while sleeping.  We think it's probably because his left hand was by his face in the womb.

-Along with the above comment, if he is swaddled with his hands down, he will either cry or work his hands out of the blanket.

-He loves baths and is very calm during them.

-He tries to suck his thumb, but isn't too great at it.  He ends up with random fingers in his mouth or is poking himself in the eye.  Most of the time we move his hand and put his paci in.

-Doren doesn't like to sleep during the day very much.  Everyone comments on how alert he is.

-On the other hand, most nights he sleeps great.  He may have gone 6 hours between feedings last night.  I'm probably supposed to wake him up earlier but we were sleeping...oops!

-During the night, he manages to wiggle his body to the edge of the cradle so that his head is against the side.

-He sleeps better if he is very warm.  We always bundle him up, and he usually manages to somehow cover his head up too.  He likes it that way :)

-He doesn't mind his car seat and usually sleeps when he's in it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm flattered although it isn't really just my idea! I got it from another blogger friend and love the way of documenting it!

    I love hearing about all the milestones of Doren! Mason used to do the same stand up thing while burping, it was so hard!! Also, don't feel bad about not waking him up! At night I say let sleeping babies sleep and he will wake you up if he's hungry, but that's just my two cents! You guys need your sleep to be the best parents you can be!!

    ReplyDelete